NEW IMD (Wat-cha think?)

74 replies to this topic

#1 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:05 PM

WHA-CHA THINK?

Any player that has ever played in the NFL, at any time, may be drafted.

All feedback for new ideas will be considered.

I have but only one question to all potential participants, Do we draft starters only, or a full 53 man roster? (If we do it or if we do another idea [?].

Don't be shy. Thanks.
Posted Image

#2 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

I'm in no matter what, but I wouldn't mind just drafting from today's group of players.
Posted Image
Our Franchise QB Is A True Player In More Ways Than One

#3 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 02:22 AM

Well, you know me and how I do things, all ideas favor majority rule. I mean I want the most GMs possible, either way.

Thanks for the feedback. That too is a great idea. Would your idea be a full roster or just starting line up? Or is that optional? ;)

So, would everyone prefer 'any player that ever played' or 'just today's active players'? There's the starting point. Choose one of the two or share another idea. While summary posting and eventually voting takes place in League 2's expansion draft concludes and L1's voting,concludes. Throw out some new ideas, also share you'd be interested in participating, too.
Posted Image

#4 cjs206

NFL Moderator/Writer & IMD Coordinator

• Admin
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

Given my lack of knowledge of the NFL before about 2000, I'd probably prefer going with current players. Having said that, I'm happy to go with your original idea and then do some research!
Follow CDS on twitter: https://twitter.com/cdsdraft
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Count me in
I like the 53
I like the both thoughts
but the " all time" would give us a chance to see some different names, names like Heath Shuler, Aundray Bruce, Curtis Enis, and Ryan leaf......just to name a few :wacko:
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me

#6 KPKGPPRARR

• Premium Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:57 PM

I think current players would be best... Who knows how players such as Chuck Bednarik would perform w athletes in the league today..

#7 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:42 PM

Current players is fine. Although, NFL.com has current players and history players buttons. [lol] I wanted David Klingler too, shucks. [lol]

IN FAIRNESS TO ALL, we'll go current players this time. Maybe down the road we'll try the other....or not. :P Either way, I'm up for it.

- Any more ideas?
Posted Image

#8 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Maybe no former 1st rounders.....just to make it interesting?
Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me

#9 cjs206

• Admin
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:15 AM

As long as it starts after Thursday, I'm cool!
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Johanns21

• Premium Member
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 11:10 AM

What about having a traditional IMD?
Check out my NEW NFL Draft Blog at http://thefootballwa...e.blogspot.com/

#11 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

^ I'm all for a traditional IMD or expansion draft as well ^
Posted Image

#12 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 07 August 2011 - 02:24 PM, said:

^ I'm all for a traditional IMD or expansion draft as well ^

I'm up for that too, if majority wants it. B)
Posted Image

#13 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:34 PM

Should we take a vote then???
Posted Image

#14 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 04:01 PM

Do we have enough GM's for an IMD? either id good 4 me

#15 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

1 question:

If we do an IMD consisting of NFL players, then what about the free agents still unsigned?

(With all due respect.) Once we begin, I don't want an IMD where players are getting added and/or players are getting taken from our IMD team[s] (without the signed up GM[s] doing the transaction[s]. All rosters would be frozen once the sign up thread gets posted. Now, re-read the question. ;)

Thanks.
Posted Image

#16 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:24 PM

That's a good point Mike. I think most people will agree with me when I say that the guys who are not signed, are not game-changers and most are not starters either. I think what would be really cool is if we did a training camp edition where we take the current 90-man rosters and make our own cuts, then, after we have our rosters down to 53 guys (players on IR do not take up a roster space), we have the draft. After the draft, we have the voting.

I don't know, just a thought. Something new I guess....
Posted Image

#17 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:31 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 09 August 2011 - 07:24 PM, said:

That's a good point Mike. I think most people will agree with me when I say that the guys who are not signed, are not game-changers and most are not starters either. I think what would be really cool is if we did a training camp edition where we take the current 90-man rosters and make our own cuts, then, after we have our rosters down to 53 guys (players on IR do not take up a roster space), we have the draft. After the draft, we have the voting.

I don't know, just a thought. Something new I guess....

First things first, I thank you for the feedback. And I'd love all potential participants to reply, along with their ideas too, or just with their likes and/or dislikes or presented ideas. Thanks.

(Speaking as a participant.)
That would mean no additions from waivers, I can deal with cuts via waivers and additions via trades, both not additions from both. could give me a headache, keeping track. [lol] However, I like the 90 man roster, and our GMs making the cuts, etc. I'd suggest cutting to either a 46-man roster (w/7 rd. draft) or to a 50-man roster (w/3 rd draft). I personally don't like an IR player[s] NOT taking up a roster spot[s] though IF a GM wants any player[s] to remain on his team.

(Speaking as Commish.)
I'm parcial to 53-man rosters as an end result. So, my reply question would be about the draft. What would be best (with your idea), cutting down to a 46-man roster with a 2 day - 7 round or cutting down to a 50-man roster and draft 1 day - 3 rounds, or what kind of draft would you want to go with your idea?
Posted Image

#18 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:42 PM

View PostJohanns21, on 07 August 2011 - 11:10 AM, said:

What about having a traditional IMD?

Thanks for the reply.

That's always atop my list. ;)
Posted Image

#19 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 11:01 AM

View Postkynmike, on 10 August 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

First things first, I thank you for the feedback. And I'd love all potential participants to reply, along with their ideas too, or just with their likes and/or dislikes or presented ideas. Thanks.

(Speaking as a participant.)
That would mean no additions from waivers, I can deal with cuts via waivers and additions via trades, both not additions from both. could give me a headache, keeping track. [lol] However, I like the 90 man roster, and our GMs making the cuts, etc. I'd suggest cutting to either a 46-man roster (w/7 rd. draft) or to a 50-man roster (w/3 rd draft). I personally don't like an IR player[s] NOT taking up a roster spot[s] though IF a GM wants any player[s] to remain on his team.

(Speaking as Commish.)
I'm parcial to 53-man rosters as an end result. So, my reply question would be about the draft. What would be best (with your idea), cutting down to a 46-man roster with a 2 day - 7 round or cutting down to a 50-man roster and draft 1 day - 3 rounds, or what kind of draft would you want to go with your idea?

No, I also think adding from waivers would be way too much. I think that we should have trading for a week or so, go into the draft with a 90-man roster, then after the draft, we can make cuts. After cuts, that would be final and we could do the voting. Kind of just combining two parts of the season into one I guess. Hope that makes things more clear.
Posted Image

#20 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:07 PM

If a team's 90-man roster is cut to 53-man BEFORE trading, then cool, I wouldn't see a problem. (IF we do it that style.)
Posted Image

#21 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

View Postkynmike, on 13 August 2011 - 09:07 PM, said:

If a team's 90-man roster is cut to 53-man BEFORE trading, then cool, I wouldn't see a problem. (IF we do it that style.)

Whatever works for you sounds good to me, Lol
Posted Image

#22 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 14 August 2011 - 09:33 AM, said:

Whatever works for you sounds good to me, Lol

What would please me the most is Mike Brown hiring a GM, and relinquishing full power to that person. And I mean somebody that knows football too, not his grand-daughter or something. [lol] Mike Singletary comes to mind, or even Deon Sanders. Possibly Jimmy Johnson, even though I'm not a huge fan of his. [lol]

Oh wait, you meant for us.....[lol].....my bad. I want what will be the most attractive (to get more people involved), something that will obviously be successful (to keep people's interest), and most importantly I want to create something that will gather outsiders in, so that they too want some of the action. I can do my own ideas, but my ideas need everyone's tweaking for best results. I have several ideas, including keeper leagues, which would include once a year drafting, free agency, and trading during season only. However, feedback from many people would be best, especially to set rules, etc Keeper league would only involve me as a commissioner, in order to show 100% fairness. That's just an idea. Although my Bengals need me. [lol]

Our typical IMDs were always popular, but moreso during certain times of the year.

I also think that since people like to do mock drafts, then maybe we could do an open poll so that they would get votes to see the public's choice as to best accuracy, (before draft, potentially per month), then we'd see best months and best predictions. It would be extremely interesting for those under/over-rated players. ;) And how well small school players are really scouted earlier on.

Just a few thoughts. In any case, those ideas need more than a few people, and they may even be great interactive attractions if done correctly.

I want us regulars, the staff, and the visitors that come to this site to all get involved, somehow. I want it to get bigger than general fantasy football, if possible. B)
Posted Image

#23 cjs206

• Admin
  • 4,439 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

I don't have much to add to what Mike said above... however I did want to bring this thread back to peoples attention.

So guys, tell us...what do you want from your next IMD?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:53 PM

I've already put in my two cents, but honestly, I'm ok with whatever. Its up to the rest of the guys!
Posted Image

#25 Bill Carroll

• Free User
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:43 AM

Trust me 'Concrete Charlie' would do just fine, he'd just be forced to 'only' play MLB and he'd be very, very good. Have you seen him up close, even now? He's a tough customer at 86!

View PostKPKGPPRARR, on 06 August 2011 - 04:57 PM, said:

I think current players would be best... Who knows how players such as Chuck Bednarik would perform w athletes in the league today..

#26 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

Let's get a vote going for this!
Posted Image

#27 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 20 August 2011 - 02:18 PM, said:

Let's get a vote going for this!

Good point. Thanks.

How many would like to draft from retired players? (This league would start as soon as enough signed up, no less than 10 teams.)

How many would like to draft from active players? (This choice may not start until league rules are set.)

How many would like to draft from established teams (Cowboys, Steelers, etc.)? (This league would require rules tweaking as rosters are changing daily.)

Or possibly doing a draft from another method? (Would require more feedback.)

Thanks.
Posted Image

#28 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

At this time, as a participant, I'd prefer either of the following two:

1.) A relaxed style of draft whereas 53 retired players only are draft eligible (per team).

OR

2.) A relaxed style of draft whereas 25 retired players, 25 2012 draft eligible players, and 3 presently active NFL players are drafted eligible.

NOTE: Players that actually play EVERY position is required. This includes Long Snappers. B)

After a choice gets decided on then with permission from CDS and the set-up help required, we'd have an outside poll to determine the people's choice on best overall team.

That's just my choice, and I'd love to hear your's.
Posted Image

#29 Johanns21

• Premium Member
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:37 PM

My vote would be for a traditional IMD where we each pick a team or two and have a time frame to make trades and then draft

#30 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 02:58 PM

View PostJohanns21, on 21 August 2011 - 02:37 PM, said:

My vote would be for a traditional IMD where we each pick a team or two and have a time frame to make trades and then draft

After the team's rosters are down a bit I would've voted that way. We need another form of voting with whatever we decide.. But I do love our traditional IMDs, absolutely.

Thank you for that feedback.
Posted Image

#31 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:20 PM

Mike, I'd love to participate. I'm all for 25 retired. 25 2012 Draft players.

or 25 Current and 25 2012 Draft.

I like the retired idea but I think it'd be a little tough.
Posted Image

#32 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:07 AM

My vote is for a training camp IMD or traditional IMD, but honestly, anything is fine with me
Posted Image

#33 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:12 PM

View Postseauandrese, on 21 August 2011 - 04:20 PM, said:

Mike, I'd love to participate. I'm all for 25 retired. 25 2012 Draft players.

or 25 Current and 25 2012 Draft.

I like the retired idea but I think it'd be a little tough.

Thanks for the feedback.

Everything is possible, it's only as difficult as we make it though. That's the way I believe. For example, retired players/relaxed style draft(12 or 24 hour limit)/dedicated GMs equals fairly easy. If a GM simply looks up Hall of Famers then it'd be real easy, IMHO. Obviously, the draft selection time limit would preferrably be unanimously agreed upon. If not then majority would get the edge in a vote. Again, fairly easy.

If we do 25 current players (etc.), then it will be the 12 hour limit.

If we do a traditional IMD, we'd need to decide how many rounds and how many minutes/hours per pick. Traditional rules would apply, (feedback on rules would be considered).

I do like traditional IMDs best, I'm just trying to get various kinds of drafts. It must stay entertaining for all involved, otherwise we'll lose GMs.

I do know that with only a few teams, then whatever it is that we do most definitely needs a better voting system.
Posted Image

#34 KPKGPPRARR

• Premium Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Im down for whatever.. dont have any preference. whatever is the most popular is chill with me

#35 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:45 AM

I'm sure once a sign-up page is started, people will get involved. A basic IMD with two teams sounds good to me, I just want to get started, Lol
Posted Image

#36 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:22 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 25 August 2011 - 09:45 AM, said:

I'm sure once a sign-up page is started, people will get involved. A basic IMD with two teams sounds good to me, I just want to get started, Lol

I'm like you. But what I get tired of in a basic IMD is the constant trading. I'd much rather draft my team. I'm for whatever, but I would like a 25 retired/25 current.
Posted Image

#37 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:33 PM

View Postseauandrese, on 25 August 2011 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'm like you. But what I get tired of in a basic IMD is the constant trading. I'd much rather draft my team. I'm for whatever, but I would like a 25 retired/25 current.

Not all teams have the draft picks necessary to make a tremendous impact on a team (for example the Raiders and Panthers this year were missing some good picks). I know people know this going in, but that is even more reason they would not want to select a team. Maybe we should just have a one-week trading window before the draft?
Posted Image

#38 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 01:31 PM

I'd still prefer an expansion draft of 25 retired/25 draft picks/3 current.
Posted Image

#39 Johanns21

• Premium Member
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:08 PM

I think the only one that I'd do would be the traditional IMD. But I wounder if limiting the trading would be a good idea. Maybe limiting the number of trades, or the time frame we can make trades.

#40 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

View PostJohanns21, on 26 August 2011 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think the only one that I'd do would be the traditional IMD. But I wounder if limiting the trading would be a good idea. Maybe limiting the number of trades, or the time frame we can make trades.

I think limiting the trading window is our best bet. Limiting the number of trades may be too hard for commish to keep track of.
Posted Image

#41 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:14 AM

I can keep track of most anything, it's just a matter of is the extra work really worth it.

My last suggestion for you all to consider.

NOTE: As I always do, the team's roster's and draft picks will be frozen at the time of posting the sign up thread. No if's, and's, or but's.

I'll use the random selection order generator (32 teams) and establish the draft order. I mean it's not like we're going to have terrible teams to start with. (Read below.)

PRE-TRADING/PRE-DRAFTING
1. Sign up in sign up thread (not yet posted) by selecting one NFC team and one AFC team.
2. Record your team's depth chart in depth chart thread (not yet posted) by selecting 11 offensive and 11 defensive players presently signed on your team, without delay. Initially, each team's current K, P, and LS are automatic freebies with your team. If your team has more than 1 of these 3 positions, then you may choose 1 per position. (Upgrade them via trade or draft.)

Now you're signed up and completed the above steps, you have 25 players listed on your team's depth chart, (11 OFF, 11 DEF, 3 ST of that team's current players).

PRE-TRADING (Once enough teams are taken.)
3. 25 rounds/12 hour time limit per pick of current players. (Any current player without a team may be drafted, including any player that is not officially retired. If a player has announced that they've retired, then they are retired. If a player is threatening to retire then they haven't officially retired.)
4.Draft order is then reversed and 10 rounds/12 hour per pick of retired players. (Officially retired will be selected, with a maximum of 5 Hall of Fame players drafted by each team. (Hall of Fame players untradable, too.)

Now, each team has a depth chart of 60 players, (Team's current K, P, and LS. 11 OFF, and 11 DEF of choice. 25 current players via draft. 10 retired players via draft [5 HOF max.]).

TRADING BEGINS/PRE-2012 DRAFT
Step 5. Trading for 1 week (maybe 2), maximum of 2 trades between 2 of the same teams and 3 trades between 2 of the same GMs. (No trading that includes only 1 GM, etc, as usual.)

2012 DRAFT BEGINS
Step 6. 3 Rounds (original draft order posted)

PRE-SUMMARY
Step 7. Cut your team's roster to 53-man.

SUMMARY POSTING BEGINS
Step 8. Post final depth chart

VOTING
Step 9. Voting begins, preferrably in a poll style, from outsiders (that don't know who's teams who's, and the vote best overall team.

FINISH
Step 10. Voting time completes and winner is announced.

Any feedback?
Posted Image

#42 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

My last post was solely a suggestion. I feel it's something different, like that, or we start a traditional IMD once NFL teams have their 53-man rosters. That's just my opinion.

I see several like traditional IMDs alot and several (like me) that just want to get something going, because we love football GM-ing so much.
Posted Image

#43 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:25 AM

I like it! So no 2012 rookies will be drafted, correct?
Posted Image

#44 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:13 AM

I love it! I'm in for that.
Posted Image

#45 Johanns21

• Premium Member
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 10:49 AM

I like it except for the drafting of retired players. Personally not a fan of that.

#46 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:03 AM

View PostJohanns21, on 27 August 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

I like it except for the drafting of retired players. Personally not a fan of that.

Would you prefer 25 2012 players/3 retired?
Posted Image

#47 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 12:52 PM

love it ! love the old timers coming in ,,,, just because I want the Boz

#48 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

View PostJohanns21, on 27 August 2011 - 10:49 AM, said:

Wow, I thought everyone wanted to do the legends idea a few months back. My bad, with that in (my) mind, I tried to please all aspects in the one sha-boom. Seeing as you're one of the more dependable GMs, I guess I'll think of something that don't include the best players (IMHO) of the NFL. I watched more retired players than current ones so it would've benefited my scouting. [lol].

Like I said, if we aren't started by the time teams get to their final rosters then we'll just go traditional IMD. Either way is fine by me. So, do you have a replacement idea? More 2012 players? I don't want to keep more than 11 and 11, plus the 3 freebies, so I can do a random draft generator while keeping it remotely close to being even-teamed across the board.

Here was my thinking on it: Some teams may have 11 starters on one side of the ball already, so that team would concentrate on needed starters on the other side, plus back ups and/or upgrades. Teams like my Bengals which I'll obviously take, need upgrades moreso via draft, and just 2012 college players is not even close to upgrading after the first round or two. Even the #1 prospect of the 2012 draft is a gamble, especially considering the random draft drawing. My Bengals may draft 32ND overall and I barely have 11 players (in total) that I'd keep from this Mike Brown's team. [lol] Just sharing why I suggested what I did, and my beleif that it's as fair as I could think of with a random draft drawing.

P.S. - Thanks for the feedback.
Posted Image

#49 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:40 PM

View Postseauandrese, on 27 August 2011 - 11:03 AM, said:

Would you prefer 25 2012 players/3 retired?

I don't want 25 2012 players unless I get them all in the top 100. [lol] Plus, I wanted the votes this time to go for the Best Overall Team and not Most Improved Team, like usual.
Posted Image

#50 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:43 PM

View PostLionsman11, on 27 August 2011 - 08:25 AM, said:

I like it! So no 2012 rookies will be drafted, correct?

Incorrect. My suggestion would've had 3 rounds of 2012 prospects drafted. After trading ended, yet before final cuts (from 60 to 53). But, it doesn't look like it's agreed upon.
Posted Image

#51 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:49 PM

View Posthakenslaven16, on 27 August 2011 - 12:52 PM, said:

love it ! love the old timers coming in ,,,, just because I want the Boz

Wasn't he an actor? No wait, that was Rowdy Roddy Piper. B)
Posted Image

#52 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 05:14 PM

View Postkynmike, on 27 August 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

I don't want 25 2012 players unless I get them all in the top 100. [lol] Plus, I wanted the votes this time to go for the Best Overall Team and not Most Improved Team, like usual.

I think if we couldn't compromise on the 25 retired, I think 25 2012 would be fun at this point. You don't know whose who yet since the NCAA season hasn't started, and it would be like blindly drafting guys YOU prefer. Like for example, I'd draft Jarrett Lee because I am a fan of his. I've always though he was the better QB at LSU and is a potentional Matt Cassell type player. Do I know his potential in the league or this season at LSU? No way. That's the fun of it.
Posted Image

#53 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:23 PM

View Postseauandrese, on 27 August 2011 - 05:14 PM, said:

I think if we couldn't compromise on the 25 retired, I think 25 2012 would be fun at this point. You don't know whose who yet since the NCAA season hasn't started, and it would be like blindly drafting guys YOU prefer. Like for example, I'd draft Jarrett Lee because I am a fan of his. I've always though he was the better QB at LSU and is a potentional Matt Cassell type player. Do I know his potential in the league or this season at LSU? No way. That's the fun of it.

My previous suggestion would include the following:

- 25 keepers of the each selected team (11 Offense, 11 Defense, and 3 Specialists [1 K, 1 P, and 1 LS of that team]).
- 25 current NFL players (Remaining active NFL players regardless of team, signed or not, etc.)
- 10 retired NFL players (Includes maximum of 5 Hall of Fame players)
- 3 2012 prospects

In the above listings, the first 25 are made immediately and listed as depth, before any drafting. The next 38 are via drafting.

NOTE: I erred two times. Once in my typing of total players (should be 63, not 60), and in my response of not wanting 25 2012 players (unless they're all in the top 100). My apologies.
Posted Image

#54 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

View Postkynmike, on 27 August 2011 - 04:49 PM, said:

Wasn't he an actor? No wait, that was Rowdy Roddy Piper. B)

Really though I like the Legends .... but I think I may be the only one so what ev' is good with me

#55 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 06:34 PM

View Posthakenslaven16, on 27 August 2011 - 06:30 PM, said:

Really though I like the Legends .... but I think I may be the only one so what ev' is good with me

I'm with you, exactly. I don't want the Boz though, one too many letters in that name. [lol]
Posted Image

#56 seauandrese

• Free User
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

I wasn't disagreeing with you Mike, I was just saying if we had people who were against retired. I'm all for drafting retired players.
Posted Image

#57 hakenslaven16

• Premium Member
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

my dream team would look a bit like this
QB RYAN LEAF
RB KI-JANNA CARTER/ CURTIS ENIS
WR PETER WARICK
WR TROY WILLISMSON
OT TONY MANDARICH
DE AUNDRAY BRUCE
DT DAN WILKERSON
DT CORTNEY BROWN
DE TREV ALBERTS
OLB LAVAR ARRLINGTON
MLB BRIAN BOSWORTH
CB BRUCE PICKENS
CB AHMAD CARROL

#58 Johanns21

• Premium Member
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:35 PM

What about drafting only a round or two of 2012 players?

#59 Lionsman11

• Free User
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:04 PM

What about if we did an expansion draft of just current players, and since there are so many and it would take forever to fill an entire 53-man roster, what if we just drafted starting line-ups? Most of the time guys on here vote by what a team's starting lineup looks like anyhow, so we could save time and put together some pretty nice rosters if you want to go by who has the "best overall team" instead of most improved. We could also have the option to draft up to five retired players (in total, NOT each side of the ball), but teams did not have to do so if they did not feel necessary......I don't know, just a thought. Tried to do my best to compromise for everybody, Lol.
Posted Image

#60 kynmike

• Moderator/Writer
  • 4,838 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

View Postseauandrese, on 27 August 2011 - 07:53 PM, said:

I wasn't disagreeing with you Mike, I was just saying if we had people who were against retired. I'm all for drafting retired players.

I knew that when I posted, I was just clearifying it for everyone that's reading and following along as to what was being suggested, that's all. I had two errors in my previous postings.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users